Redfest is upon us so we just wanted to outline some key guidelines for the festival.
If you’ve been to Redfest in the park before, a lot is the same this year. One key difference we want to highlight is to ask everyone to please not bring any BBQs to the park. Due to the long period of hot weather the grass in the park is very dry so BBQs are a real fire risk.
Now onto the festival guidelines!
Redfest is a free community event which will take place in St George Park this year with fringe events at loads of local venues (more about that here). The event is family friendly and will run from 11am until 9pm in the park.
Please feel free to bring your own food and drink to the park (or enjoy the food and drink stalls on site!) but please tidy up after yourself and dispose of litter in the bins provided and again NO BBQS!
If you’re planning travel to the festival, we ask people to walk, cycle or get public transport if possible! Find out more about getting to Redfest here: https://redfestbristol.co.uk/how-to-get-to-redfest/
Find out about the different stages and acts in the 2018 section of the site
Here’s a full list of rules for attendees
- No illegal drugs (including N2O/NOS)
- Aggressive behaviour will not be tolerated
- No excessive amounts of alcohol to be brought into the park or consumed (feel free to bring and consume a sensible amount though!)
- We have a search policy in place and so have the authority to search people if we believe it is necessary
- Failure to comply with the above will result in eviction from the park
- No BBQs
- Dogs can be brought but must be kept on leads at all times
- No smoking inside marquees or other structures
- Children must be kept under supervision – wristbands will be available to write parents’ phone numbers on at info points in case children do get lost
- Toilets are available and should be used NOT bushes and trees
- Please put rubbish in the correct recycling bins
- Please be considerate of our local residents and be as quiet as you can when you leave